Frequently Asked Questions:
I'm new to this, which class should I take first?
Start with the Passage to Pole 5 week series class or if your not ready to commit to 5 weeks, you can try out one of the hour and a half Prelude to Pole workshops.
What should I wear to my first pole class?!
- A comfy top and yoga pants or shorts are perfect! No need for shoes, everyone starts out barefoot. (heels are optional in later class levels)
- When you decide to start wearing shoes, we request that you do not wear heels that are worn outside. We are happy to provide you with a list of our favorite places to get pole dancing heels and what types work best!
- As you progress through the levels you get to incorporate fun accessories and different types of clothing! We love the fluff and sparkles, that’s for sure!
Is there nudity in class?
- Absolutely not.
- Some more advanced classes require the use of skin against the pole for additional hold but most women wear short shorts and cropped tops when they reach that level.
Do I need to bring a yoga mat to class?
- We do have mats for students use, but we allow anyone to bring in their own mat as well. Studio mats are cleaned daily and there is also cleaner available for anyone to wipe down a mat before use.
Do I need to be in shape to pole dance?
- No, the best part about pole dancing is all types of women can do it. We teach a progression at Entangle & Sway that prepares your body, class by class, to perform the tricks.
Are there any windows? Can people watch us while we are pole dancing?
- There are no windows, no one can see in! Even though this is a fantastic form of fitness, it can still be intimate at times and we want everyone to feel extra comfortable. The space is strategically lit as well, so no one has to worry about how they look!
Will I actually get a workout from this class?
- Yes, definitely! Each class starts with a full body warm-up specially formatted to sculpt and tone. You’ll continue that workout with lots of dancing to follow it up! You will certainly feel it the following day(s)!
Should I bring my own music?
- We have specially chosen music to take you through your pole journey. Although, there are plenty of opportunities to let you explore your music choices in classes. The instructor will let you know when you should start bringing in your own music options.
- We encourage students to bring in their music choices in upper level classes.
What kinds of women take pole dancing?
- All types!! We get all different women of size, shape and age, as well as every profession you can think of. From artists, lawyers, mothers, students and so many others. Everyone was born to pole dance!
What if I have already taken pole dance classes before; do I need to take the introductory classes?
- We teach progressively at E&S, so we prefer all our students start with the intro series. Don’t worry! In the intro classes you learn a great routine to expand on, and it’s great for dancers of any level.
- If you are a pole expert then just shoot us an email with your skill level and what experience you have so we can determine what level would be best for you. We usually require new advanced student to come to a drop-in class to get in front of an instructor as well.
- There are also various drop-in style classes that are open to all levels.
Do you have an age requirement to take classes or come to pole parties?
- We welcome all women 18 and older.
I love to Pole Dance! How often can I come?
- You can come as often as you would like! Poling everyday can cause body exhaustion, so you should definitely give your body a rest at least a couple of days a week.
Do you allow men to take classes at the studio?
- Currently we are an all female studio.
Some Additional Pole Tips:
- Don’t wear any lotions the day of your class. It will cause you to slide off the poles, and it often leaves the pole slippery for other students that will use it after.
- If you need to miss a class for some reason, please email, call or talk to your instructor for your make-up options. We require any make-ups for series classes to be made up within the weeks of your series.
- Please avoid wearing jewelry to class. Watches, rings and bracelets will scratch the pole and earrings and necklaces may get caught.
- We don’t allow street shoes in the dance space. There are plenty of places for you to store your shoes and belongings.
- Nervous?! Many women are nervous their first time going to pole fitness classes, but we can assure you that there is nothing to be nervous for. You will have so much fun! (Yes, we said fun! Fun fitness!!) We work with each student individually, at their level, to make everyone’s experience comfortable and enlightening.
- We suggest bringing water to your classes, but we also try to have bottled water available for purchase.
Have more questions or comments:
Feel free to contact the studio through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone if you have any additional questions or need anything at all. We are here to help you however we can. We want to make your pole journey a super fun and easy experience!
|Copyright @ 2011 Entangle and Sway L.L.C.|